Yamaha M-5000 Power Amplifier
Price: $12,999.00 RRP
With more than 130 years of experience, Yamaha has grown to become the world's leading sound company. The M-5000 embodies this spirit with time-honoured craftsmanship and market-leading innovation and serves as the epitome of high-fidelity audio reproduction.
- 200 W + 200 W (4 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- 100 W + 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven)
- Meticulously designed, balanced signal transmission
- Floating and balanced power amplifier layout for improved drivability
- Perfectly symmetrical design for isolating left and right channels
- Low impedance design with shortened signal and power supply paths
- Improved construction delivers state-of-the-art rigidity
- Massive toroidal core power transformer
Together with the GT-5000 turntable and C-5000 pre-amplifier, Yamaha delivers an end-to-end balanced signal chain across its flagship models for premier performance.
Designed to Perform
Meticulously designed, the M-5000 adopts a perfectly symmetrical layout to isolate the left and right channels both physically and electrically. The deliberately simple design which also serves to reduce the signal path as much as possible, minimises energy loss and achieves lower impedance for high-fidelity performance.
Floating and Balanced Power Amplifier with MOSFETs
As opposed to conventional power amplifier designs whereby power is supplied via a power transistor and the negative polarity is connected to ground, the power supply of the M-5000 is connected directly to each positive and negative side of the output stage. Completely floating the entire power amp circuit from the ground removes any undesirable impact of minute voltage fluctuations or ground noise.The design also creates an ideal symmetrical layout for employing MOSFET power amplifiers, improving drivability for low impedance speakers.
Rigid Frame Structure Featuring a Mechanical Ground Concept
The M-5000 has been designed from the ground up to maximise rigidity - reducing unwanted vibration for optimal sonic performance. Further, employing a mechanical ground concept by fixing the power transformer, block capacitors and heat sink directly to the rigid streamlined construction with bolts ensures they are fully supported and eliminates the influence of vibrations.
Massive Toroidal Core Transformer and Low Impedance Design
Delivering high-fidelity performance, a massive toroidal transformer is utilised with a 3 mm thick pure brass base which suppresses unwanted vibrations. In addition, the power transformer does not influence the surrounding audio circuits due to less leakage flux. The drawn-out copper wiring from the winding core contributes to the low impedance design by markedly reducing the loss of energy when compared to conventional designs.
Thick Wires and Screw-type Connections for Power Supply
Thick wires and screw-type connections contribute to the low-impedance design of the M-5000 - minimising energy loss that would otherwise typically occur in conventional connections and wire assemblies. The use of screws and brass terminals directly on the block capacitors as opposed to solder promotes a strong, low impedance connection.
All aspects of the M-5000 design were considered in producing this flagship model. Its construction exudes master craftsmanship and reflects an obsession with achieving the highest levels of performance. The feet are no exception. Original in its design, the heavy-duty brass feet function either as fully supported spikes or with a scratch guard base for use on delicate surfaces.
Exquisite, Large Level Meters Reflect the Dynamics in the Music
The M-5000 features large, high-precision meters on the front panel, enabling audiences to visualise the dynamics of the music. Measuring 7 mm thick and made from Asahi glass, these quality meters only enhance the luxurious and exceptionally elegant aesthetic of the M-5000.
Premier Speaker Terminals
The M-5000 utilises oversized, screw-type speaker terminals to ensure ease-of-use and a secure connection. Cut from a pure brass block, the original Yamaha design denotes a meticulous attention to detail and premier quality. The 3 mm thick terminal base plate is also made from pure brass for strength and rigidity, and assists in reducing distortion due to its non-magnetic properties.
- Audio Specifications Input Terminal RCA: 1, BAL: 1, TRIGGER IN: 1
- Output Terminal TRIGGER OUT: 1
- Rated Output Power 100 W + 100 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven), 200 W + 200 W (4 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, 2-ch driven), 400 W (8 ohm, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.07% THD, Monaural driven)
- Dynamic Power Per Channel [IHF] 125 W + 125 W (8 ohm), 170 W + 170 W (6 ohm), 250 W + 250 W (4 ohm), 500 W + 500 W (2 ohm)
- Dynamic Headroom 0.97 dB (8 ohm)
- Maximum Output Power 220 W + 220 W (4 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.7% THD)
- IEC Output Power 125 W + 125 W (8 ohm, 1 kHz, 0.02% THD)
- Maximum Effective Output Power [JEITA, 1kHz, 10% THD]135 W + 135 W (8 ohm), 270 W + 270 W (4 ohm)
- Power Bandwidth 10 Hz-50 kHz (8 ohm, 0.1% THD, 45 W)
- Damping Factor 300 or higher (8 ohm, 1 kHz)
- Input Sensitivity / Input Impedance (BAL) 2.0 Vrms / 47 kohm, (LINE) 1.0 Vrms / 47 kohm [1 kHz 100 W / 8 ohm conversion]
- Maximum Input Signal Voltage (BAL) 2.20 Vrms [1 kHz, 0.5% THD], (LINE) 1.10 Vrms [1 kHz, 0.5% THD]
- Frequency Response +0 dB / -3 dB (5 Hz-100 kHz), +0 dB / -0.3 dB (20 Hz-20 kHz)
- Total Harmonic Distortion Plus Noise 2ch driven: 0.035% (LINE [BAL] to SP Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 50 W, 8 ohms), Monaural driven: 0.05% (LINE [BAL] to SP Out, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 200 W, 8 ohms)
- Channnel Separation 90 dB or higher (1 kHz, Input 1.0 kohm Terminated), 70 dB or higher (10 kHz, Input 1.0 kohm Terminated)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio [IHF-A network, Input 1 kohm shorted] 110 dB
- Residual Noise [IHF-A network] (BAL) 40 uVrms, (LINE) 50 uVrms
- Meter Class The 2.5th class
- General Power Consumption 400 W
- Standby Power Consumption Off Mode: 0.1 W, Standby Mode: 0.2 W
- Maximum Power Consumption 800 W
- Power Management (Auto Power Standby) Yes
- Dimension (W×H×D) 435 x 180 x 464 mm; 17-1/8” x 7-1/8” x 18-1/4”
- Weight 26.9 kg; 59.3 lbs.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.